Yoga is for all bodies. Age, size and (dis)ability are not barriers to participation in yoga. If you can breathe, you can do yoga.
I have taught classes for all sorts of people, from wheelchair-bound residents in an aged care home to young agile dancers. They can all do yoga.
At Yoga Mindfulness Motherhood, I specialise in teaching yoga to mothers. I also specialise in teaching private one-to-one classes where your yoga practice is tailored to your individual preferences and needs.
Women of all ages and stages can benefit from yoga. Here are some of the positive effects you may feel after starting to practice yoga:
- more comfort and ease in your body
- improved balance and stability
- improved posture
- increased strength
- increased range of motion
- improved relaxation and sleep
- improved focus and clarity
- Improved general health and wellbeing
Having your own personally tailored yoga practice can ensure that you experience the benefits that are important to you and that you feel individually nourished and nurtured in the process. Here are some of the additional benefits of working one-on-one with your yoga teacher:
- tailored sequences to address your needs and preferences
- learn at your own pace – no need to keep up with a class or compare yourself to others
- two-way dialogue with your teacher – you can ask questions, seek clarification and give feedback about how you are feeling
- personalised experience – you can specify whether you want essential oils diffusing, hands-on adjustments, a gentle or vigorous practice, an extended relaxation with a neck and shoulder rub, or a quick seated meditation
- support to implement yoga and self-care practices into daily life
Would you like to work with me? Click here for details of Nurture & Restore, my holistic self-care program for mothers, which includes yoga and mindfulness classes, retreats and a supportive community for all stages of your motherhood journey.
If yoga is for all bodies, it goes without saying that men can benefit just as much from this practice as women do. Please note that I do not teach male clients in my private studio, but I would be happy to suggest other teachers that might be able to work with you.